Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Moving Right Along

Well, I think my cry during church on Sunday helped me get a better perspective, and somehow crying before the Lord during worship made me feel like a load was off me. I still feel like I got the pins knocked out from under me, but not like I am trying to hold it together in the midst of a tornado...if that makes any sense. And I have learned the important lesson of not going anywhere without kleenex for the next while.

When I called pediatric cardiothoracic surgeon's office yesterday to make an appointment my options were this Wednesday or next Wednesday...I was shocked to not have to wait! Such a blessing! I took this Wednesday. We go tomorrow at 3:30, and we should have a very clear idea of where we are going after that, possibly including dates too.

Is it just me or do you feel conflicted about the term "pediatric cardiothoracic surgeon" too? Part of me wants to cheer and praise God that there is such a focused specialty to care for our daughter. Part of me wants to cry that such a thing is necessary.

So that is where we are.

1 comment:

Donnetta said...

This last weekend and beginning of the week has had me running. Although I have not been able to be around here like I had hoped, my schedule has not stopped my prayers for you and your sweet one!!

I'm so glad I got here now to read this. Just a short time away from your appointment.

Praying, Praying, Praying. Although I wish I could be there to go with you personally, know the distance does not prevent my heart from accompanying you.

Even greater, God Himself will be with you... and has even gone before you!

{HUGS} my dear sweet friend!!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin