Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Standing Firm

I have a wonderful weekly devotional calender about Standing Firm in the Lord, it was a gift from a dear friend. This week's reading spoke to me, and I wanted to share it with you!

Be self-controlled and alert. Your enemy the devil prowls around like a roaring lion looking for someone to devour. Resist him, standing firm in the faith. (NIV)

Be sober, be vigilant; because your adversary the devil walks about like a roaring lion, seeking whom he may devour. Resist him, steadfast in the faith. (NKJV)

1 Peter 5: 8-9a

The best way to keep the enemy out is to keep Christ in.
The sheep need not be terrified by the wolf;
they have but to stay close to the shepherd.
A.W. Tozer

1 comment:

Donnetta said...

This verse has been part of my devotions the last couple of days also. Seeing it here is yet another confirmation and reminder that I need to be mindful and alert!

Thanks for sharing!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin