Monday, June 6, 2011

Help!

The yuck continues.

My husband and baby are now sick, and someone shared a cold with me.

But I realized something.  Today is our 12th anniversary and we are all together because everyone but Miss Pear is too sick to leave the house willingly (well, I could leave, but I am the nurse).  But we are all together and all on the mend, so I am choosing to focus on that blessing.

I am trying to think about ways to give the girls the responsibility they want with chores and a chart is not working because the needed chores change daily, so do you have any creative ideas for me?

And I am also looking for good children's book and read aloud ideas too!  The more the merrier!

Ooh, and if you have a fabulous brunch recipe please share, I am hosting a baby shower on Saturday and would love some new ideas!

1 comment:

Dianna said...

Oh no! I hope you all get feeling better soon.

Perhaps you could try writing them a daily to-do list with spots for stickers or checkmarks. Or you could have a lot of chores written on popsicle sticks and put the ones you want the girls to do each day in a jar or something.

We love reading aloud! I am trying to think of things you might not have read yet. How about Heidi by Joanna Spyri or Where the Mountain Meets the Moon by Grace Lin. Those are both chapter books. For picture books are favorites right now are Not a Box by Antoinette Portis and anything illustrated by Eloise Wilkin. Oh, and The Great Blue House by Kate Banks and The Full Belly Bowl by Jim Aylesworth. Oh, I almost forgot, there's a series by Cynthia Rylant that starts with In Aunt Lucy's Kitchen. They're short chaper books with plenty of charming illustrations, about cousins who are staying with their aunt. There are so many homey details, I bet you would love them.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin