Wednesday, December 17, 2008

It's Raining, It's Pouring...

...I would teach Miss Pear that song, but really don't think I could handle hearing it all day at the top volume rain can excite her to, so we will stick to our "two little eyes to look to God" song we are learning intermittently.

First off, we had a MUCH better night last night. While it did take until 11PM to get Baby down for the night, once she was down she slept until about 4:30, got up, nursed, and went straight back to sleep until about 7:40 when she repeated the process and finally woke up around 9:30. I feel SO much better.

Unfortunately, Miss Pear's cold has been lingering for 14 days, so we had to go to the doctor is this very cold, rainy weather. She has what I understand to be the start of a sinus infection, so she is on antibiotics now, along with most of our neighbors!

So it will likely be the continuation of a couple quiet days while we slowly get ready for Christmas.

Miss Pear helped stamp all the Christmas cards earlier in the week and was very proud to help mail them.

Most of the baking is done, but I would like to make one more slice and another batch of shortbread cookies. This baking will be munched on through Christmas and New Years. Of course there are special Christmas logs to be made in advance too so that they can just be stuffed with whip cream the day of!

I am starting to do the other things I can do early too. I roasted three chickens yesterday, took the meat off in large chunks and will just warm it gently the day we need it. I made cranberry sauce today. Oh, and on the weekend I made the special ribs.

I am still hoping to make ahead some side dishes too.

I don't want to be one of those women who miss all of Christmas because they are in the kitchen, yet I want special meals too! So I will see what I can do to figure this out and make it easier. And as tradition demands the same things each year, maybe I can even make up a bake ahead plan for each year! Now wouldn't that be all organized!

Of course, with a 14 week old, planning ahead to make things easier seems to be the name of the game for EVERYTHING!

Do you have a favorite thing you must have each Christmas?

1 comment:

Dianna said...

I must have cinnamon rolls the morning of. My mom cooked them the day before, but I like to let them rise overnight in the fridge and bake them Christmas morning. What a smell to wake up to!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin