We are having warm days, if it were August I would be turning the air conditioning on, but in November it just seems WRONG!
Especially considering that Sunday night I could not sleep so I went downstairs to read, and it was so chilly I had to turn the furnace on! Monday it went to 33C. So weird.
On the plus side, the heat from the day keeps the house warm at night, and if you open everything up for about half an hour in the morning and then close it all up the cool from the night keeps the house cool in the day.
But it is so weird.
Growing up in Canada I never thought I would find myself saying, "I just cannot bring myself to turn on the air conditioning in November!"
And when we first moved to Southern California I never thought I would be grateful for my stash of curling up under blankets!
Am I the only one with weird foibles about air conditioning and the thermostat based on what month it is?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

![[the-library.jpg]](https://blogger.googleusercontent.com/img/b/R29vZ2xl/AVvXsEjZlgbkzq4RFoBQc3lUKiqnqmqJKJ_OvF8tsg4xUtv3A6fDdV2iaYc-f2GJHGXNypj1LPHuqZ8UPUpK7aA0NY7wN5lyaEYmIfFqYSDIxPYzg_rBBouE60A0LABiXUbdI73MhHN24Xb7-nc/s1600/the-library.jpg)
3 comments:
Nope...there are times of the year that you just are supposed to go by the calendar and not the thermometer.
That is why Australia is so messed up...Christmas at the height of summer? My hubby still cannot get used to cold Decembers!
Try living in Louisiana, where there have been many a Thanksgiving and Christmas dinner eaten in short sleeves, lol. We're still running the a/c here too, but only at night. There have been a couple of dips into the mid-thirties, so the fireplace has gotten some use as well.
Have just found your blog. I am also Canadian. Unfortunately, I have been called to remain living north of the border. I am dreading our winter as it settles in on us. And envious of your warm weather.
Post a Comment